When it comes to our wardrobe, the start of a new season means the start of a new trend. These trends can range anywhere from clothes to accessories to shoes. With summer in full swing, let’s take a look at some of the Summer 2016 must haves.
One of the biggest trends we’ve seen so far this year is the return of the Romper. Rompers are one piece garments with short-like bottoms and can be sleeveless or have sleeves in varying lengths. Once designed mainly for children, the romper has evolved into this season’s must have for adults. Rompers come in various styles and colors. It’s a versatile piece, one that can be worn to work or for a night out on the town.
- For a night out on the town, try this adorable Bisou Bisou Sleeveless Lace Romper from JC Penny – $39.99
- Heading to work? Try this sassy Chain Romper by Jennifer Lopez from Kohl’s – $52.50
One of summer’s must have staples in your wardrobe is a dress (or five). Dresses come in a variety of style, fit, and color. The best part about dresses is that they are quite versatile. I personally love dresses in the summertime
- Looking for a cute dress to wear for a night out with friends? Check out this cute Floral Print Crisscross Dress from Forever 21 – $15.90
- Have a date with your significant other? Try this cute XOXO Color Block Halter Dress from Target – $59.00
- Need a new dress for work? Take a look at this cute Cap Sleeve Jacquard Dress from TJ Maxx – $29.99
Sunglasses are a year round must have, but especially in the summer months when the sun is out in full force. Protecting your eyes is a must, but it doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice style for safety. Check out these adorable, affordable sunglasses.
- Fantas Eyes Monarch Butterfly Hinge Rectangular Sunglasses – JC Penny $11
- Glance Eyewear Suzanne Rimless Rectangular Sunglasses – JC Penny $13
With every change in season comes a change in the color we choose to paint our nails. According to Elle magazine, here are some of the top nail polishes of Summer 2016:
There is never such a thing as having too many handbags. Guys, you might think your wife or girlfriend or sister are insane for having so many bags, but each bag has its own purpose to serve and as the seasons change, so do the style, and purpose of our bags.
- One of the MUST HAVE bags for summer is a great beach bag. You want something spacious yet affordable and durable. Check out this adorable swimming tote from Victoria’s Secret – $14.99
- A great clutch is a must for a night out, and the Gunne Sax Pleated Clutch by Jessica McClintock from JC Penny is the perfect accessory to a great outfit – $24.50
- In this day and age millennials are obsessed with having their phones on them at all times, but we also want to have our wallets on us as well. Check out this cute Buxton Prepster Colorblock Cellphone Wristlet from Kohls – $36
This is my favorite topic of discussion when it comes to summer. The first day of summer is a celebration to kick off the boots and socks in favor of a pair of comfortable yet fashionable and stylish sandals. This year is the year of the wedge sandal. Wedges are great if you are not a big fan of heels but want something more than just a sandal.
- Want something with a pop of color? Check out these adorable, canary yellow GUESS wedges from DSW (Designer Shoe Warehouse) – $59.95
- Looking for something nautical in color? Take a look at this Sinclair High Wedge in Red from Payless Shoes – $20
- Need that perfect wedge for a night out? Check out this classic white Touch Ups Dee Ivory Wedge from Zappos – $67.99
Every season has its change. The weather changes, the temperatures change, and so does fashion. Each season brings its own set of new looks and must haves. How will you change your look to finish out the summer?