This year for Easter why not try making a sweet Easter ham from scratch? Whatever ham you buy this recipe can be easily adapted by just throwing out whatever glaze packet comes with the ham and adding your toppings. It is super easy and delicious. This recipe is both traditional and loved by many.
- 1 jar of Maraschino cherries
- 1 can of pineapple rings
- I box of brown sugar
- 1 half spiral ham
- Set your crockpot to low.
- Place the ham inside your crockpot
- Take the brown sugar and pack it all over your ham, in particular between the slices by rubbing it in. You’re going to get messy, but that’s half the fun.
- Place your pineapple rings all around the ham and a cherry in the middle using a toothpick to secure both the cherry and the pineapple ring. Tip: putting the toothpick through the cherry helps the pineapple ring around it stay in place.
- Reserve the pineapple juice until later.
- Cook your ham on low for 15 minutes a pound. It will sweat itself, so there’s no need to add any extra water or fluid to the crockpot.
- About 10 minutes before the ham is done pour the pineapple juice over the ham.
This recipe for sweet Easter ham has been handed down in my family. It is so tender and succulent. The sweetness will go a long way in making your Easter dinner a perfect one! Happy Easter!