We live in a hectic and busy world where everyone seems to be going at a fast pace every day. Breaks are scarce and the stress is high in most all of our lives. However, what is a sign that you are just way too busy? I am guilty of this as well. I work a full time job, write articles on the side, I am a volunteer at our church and I am two months pregnant. Stress for me is a common factor in my life. I have learned recently some signs, for me at least, that show me I am way too busy and need to slow down.
- You don’t get any rest. Although may have a busy day, it is important to get your rest. Which brings me straight into the next point.
- You are stressed out and it is causing you to constantly be sick. When you don’t allow your body to rest and heal itself, you become sick more often than you normally do. This is why rest is so crucial in your life. Even if you feel fine and you think you can keep going; stop, take a break and rest.
- You could too busy if you forget to do things. If you have a long list of things to get done, it is easy to forget things. When I get super busy, I tend to forget when I’m supposed to Skype a friend or forget to respond to an email or text message.
- You might be constantly cancelling on appointments if you are too busy. It is easy to say yes to a lot of different things but once you do realize that you have too much on your plate, you will notice that those appointments keep getting cancelled.
- One other sign you might see is that you are beginning to alienate some of your friends and family. Time with family and friends is very important. It is a time for you to unwind and relax a bit. Some of those important people may begin to feel neglected or left out. If you notice that your family or friends begin to say they miss seeing you or miss spending time with you, maybe it is time to rethink your busy schedule.
Busy schedules will always come up in your life. In the end they become inevitable at times. However, how you manage your busy life is the most important. Learn to say no. It is okay to tell someone you are too busy and cannot help them or cannot schedule something for that day. If you can’t say no, you are never going to be able to control the business that comes up.
Don’t forget that it isn’t a crime to rest. If you need to, take a vacation. Just remember not to jam pack that vacation with activities. Activities are fun too, but a vacation should be a time to rejuvenate and rest. Designate three days to just laying around. Go to the beach and spend your day there or go camping and enjoy the peace of the wilderness. Just make sure to take it easy!
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34 NIV
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10 NIV