It’s Wine Wednesday and National Chocolate Day! To help you celebrate National Chocolate Day we’ve searched the web for the best recipe duo. Katie from Butterlust posted a Raspberry Zinfandel Sorbert and it’s the best thing ever! Katie used a Raspberry Zinfandel, but mentioned you can use other wines such as Merlot, Zinfandel, or Beaujolais. I don’t know about y’all, but I’m ready to whip this Raspberry Zinfandel Sorbet in the kitchen! I hope your evening is no less than amazing and you celebrate National Chocolate Day and Wine Wednesday with your favorite wine and chocolate or this Raspberry Zinfandel Sorbet recipe!
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 bottle fruity red wine, such as Merlot, Zinfandel, or Beaujolais
- 3 cups raspberries (frozen or fresh)
- In a medium saucepan, bring the sugar, water, raspberries and red wine to a boil and let boil for 1 minute, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Remove from the heat, cover and let steep for 1 hour.
- To purée the berries and remove the seeds, pour the mixture into a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth. (I had to do this in 2 batches because of the size of my food processor.) Then, using a rubber spatula, press the mixture through a mesh strainer set over a medium bowl to strain our the seeds.
- Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Freeze in an ice cream machine according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Let us know what you think of the Raspberry Zinfandel Sorbet recipe! If you decided to do this recipe share your pictures with FGC. We’d love to see it! Happy National Chocolate Day and Wine Wednesday!